My new airfryer has really changed my life. I used to be completely useless in the kitchen, but now my friends are calling me the domestic princess – all in just a few weeks time.
In case you haven’t heard of airfryers yet, an airfryer is a new device that can cook practically anything in just a few minutes. To do this, it uses complex technology to cook food with minimal or no oil required. It also comes with a timer, which will turn your device off automatically once it is done cooking. This will ensure that you don’t burn or overcook your food. All you have to do is season it, place it in your airfryer and wait for magic to happen.
If you are still clueless as to what you can make with your airfryer aside from frozen food, here are two super easy recipes that you can follow with ease.
Salmon and Soba Galore
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Salmon at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Broccoli and tofu at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Soba noodles
- Firm tofu
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Use salt and pepper to season your salmon to taste and add your choice of marinade. Teriyaki marinade goes very well with salmon. You won’t have to add any oil either since salmon has natural oils that will do the trick just fine.
- Set your airfryer to 8 minutes at 180 degrees.
- While your airfryer cooks the salmon, slice your tofu into cubes. You should try to look for firm tofu for this to avoid the tofu from breaking as you slice.
- You don’t need to season the tofu if you choose to use teriyaki marinade for your salmon, but miso marinade will make it more flavorful. Premade miso marinade can be found in bottles, but you can choose to make your own if you’d prefer, too.
- Slice up your broccoli into smaller pieces and add some olive oil to them.
- Once the time is up, check if your salmon is pink in the center. If it is, take it out and place the tofu and broccoli in the airfryer at 8 minutes for 180 degrees.
- As your broccoli and tofu cook, cook your soba by following its instructions. Make sure you drain the noodles with a strainer to ensure that they don’t get too mushy or soggy.
- Once the noodles are done, leave them to cool as you plate the salmon. When your tofu and broccoli are done cooking, add them to the plate along with the soba, cherry tomatoes and salad, and you will have an Instagram-ready meal at your fingertips.
Read more: How To Prepare Salmon Skin Rolls At Home With Ease
Peri-Peri Chicken Goodness
Preparation Time: 30 minutes, though you will need to season the sweet potatoes and chicken the night before.
- Chicken at 140 degrees for 8 minutes and then at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Sweet potato fries at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Chicken breast
- Sweet potato, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedge
- Before anything else, you have to marinade your sweet potatoes and chicken the night before, so that the flavors really sink in. Add some salt and pepper to the chicken breast and then add some peri-peri marinade. Buying the marinade from a supermarket would be much easier than making your own.
- Slice your sweet potato into strips and then place them in a ziplock bag. Season them with Tabasco, paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper and then leave them in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, place the chicken breast on baking paper and set your airfryer to 8 minutes at 140 degrees.
- Get your salad ready while your chicken cooks.
- When the timer beeps, check on your chicken breast and then cook it for 6 minutes at 180 degrees. While this will take up a little bit more time, your chicken will end up more succulent and tender afterwards.
- Once done, place your fries in your airfryer for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve your chicken with the fries and squeeze some lemon juice onto it to complete the dish.
Read more: Important Tips To Follow On How To Grill Chicken Breast Halves
As with any other airfryer recipes out there, don’t forget to preheat the device before cooking. Enjoy!