I'm in love with making desserts and always looking into delicious ones to try. When I got acquainted with macaroons, I was sold! This French dessert had a unique look and a blend of flavors that had the perfect sweetness without it overbearing the flavors. And the cute colors were lovely to look at as well. So I decided to try out macarons with a twist- I made it with green tea!
If you want something light and exquisite to serve for dessert, then read on as I show you a green tea macaron recipe to try out. And no, it's not hard to do!
People often think that macarons are a hard dessert to make, but once they see the steps, especially in this recipe, you'll be surprised to know that it's fairly easy to do. You won't even need to be a professional chef or baker for this!
Your family will be impressed with the elegant look and the bittersweet flavors matching the chocolate filling between the macaron. Instead of the usual brownies or cookies, opt to make this in time for the holiday seasons! The green colors are perfect for Christmas, especially if you add a bit of red sprinkles on top of them.
Prep Time: 47 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Recipe Type: Baking and dessert
Good For: Dessert
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets and line them with parchment paper. Set them aside.
2. Add almond meal and 1/3 of the powdered sugar in a food processor. Pulse it until it has a fine texture. Add the remaining sugar and green tea powder to the mixture, then sift it two times in a large bowl.
3. Make the meringue by mixing the egg whites on medium speed for two minutes or once it's foamy. Increase the speed to medium-high and add the granulated sugar. Let it mix for about three minutes or once the sugar is well-incorporated into the meringue and it has a thick consistency. Add the cream of tartar and food coloring, then mix until it's stiff and glossy, with peaks forming.
4. Combine all the dry ingredients to the meringue. Add the almond meal mix 1/3 at a time, folding it into the meringue gently. It should become a smooth batter that would run off the spatula in thick ribbons.
5. Add the batter to a pastry bag with a pipe that measures an inch and a half. Pipe rounds that are 1 1/2 inches to the baking sheets. Tap the sheets on the counter so the macarons will flatten.
6. Place it in the oven to bake for about 13 minutes. You will know it's done once the tops are flat and the feet have formed on its bottom. Rotate the baking sheet halfway while baking.
7. Remove it from the oven and let it cool. And let's make the ganache next!
8. To make the ganache, heat the whipping cream over medium-high heat in a small pan. It should be boiling before removing it from the heat.
9. Add the chocolate to the whipping cream, then after a minute, add the butter.
10. Whisk the mixture until it's glossy and allow it to cool. You need to let both macarons and ganache cool before sandwiching them together, or it will be runny and ruined! Speed this up by putting the ganache in the fridge for about 15 minutes at most.
11. When both the macarons and ganache are cool, segregate the cookies into pairs. Add the filling to one side of the cookie, then sandwich it with its pair.
12. Serve and enjoy the exotic flavors of green tea mixed with the chocolate ganache.
If you think that macarons are difficult to make, then think again! With this green tea macaroni recipe, you'll want to keep making them and impress your loved ones with this delicious and light recipe. With all the flavors and perfect balance in one dessert, you're going to have to fight trying not to get another piece.
I hope that this easy green tea macaron recipe helped you become more knowledgeable on how to perfect the macaron for an indulgent and fancy dessert. So don't wait any longer and try it out yourself today!
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and suggestions on how to make macarons, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think!
Welcome! I’m happy you’re here. I'm Sara McConnell. I have a passion for cooking and desire to make healthy eating easy, tasty and fun. I often spend my free time searching for, creating and trying tasty new recipes in my kitchen. Through the blog i want to share with you my cooking experience, and I hope it can help you. Thank you so much for visiting!