I love mini desserts. For me in keeps me in check, so I do not go over board. I am also not a big fan of sugar. I like to eat sweets, but in moderation. Mini desserts are great to indulge my sweet tooth with small servings, hence the mini cookies.
These mini cookies use a prepackaged sugar cookie mix. This is great if you do not have the ingredients to make cookies or you do not want to go through the hassle. Add a couple of ingredients to the sugar mix and your good to go. If you prefer to use your own sugar cookie recipe, you can do that also. Just follow the directions after the dough is mixed. You can also change the color depending on your purpose.
I used a 1 3/4-inch cookie cutter to make these mini cookies. These cookies are soft with just the right crumble. You will not be disappointed.
Mini Tie-Dyed Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 22 – 24 cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz) sugar cookie pouch mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon blue food coloring gel
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix together, sugar cookie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg until dough forms.
- Divide the dough and place half the dough in separate bowl.
- Add food coloring to one half and mix until well blended.
- Place blue dough into the bowl with the other half.
- Mix dough together slightly until it comes together. You do not want to mix too much or all your dough will be blue.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut cookies with cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes.