How to make a delicious Ceviche with Mahi-Mahi
Ceviche is a South American appetizer that has a growing popularity across the globe. With the popularization of the hors d’oeuvre, Chefs and grandmothers came up with different recipes for their own liking. Here is one:
What You Will Need:
- 1 kg of mahi-mahi (fresh, skinless and fillet)
- 3 pcs bell pepper (one of each color red, yellow and green)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro ( about 5 stalks)
- 5 pcs jalapenos
- 5 pcs orange
- 5 pcs lemon
- 5 pcs lime
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 table spoon salt
- Thinly julienne the pepper, onions and mahi-mahi.
- Mince the cilantro and thinly slice the jalapeno.
- In a large bowl squeeze orange, lemon and lime together.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, chili flakes. Whisk all ingredients together until fully combined.
- Add the cilantro, jalapeno, onions, bell pepper and mahi-mahi.
- Chill and serve.
Optional: garnish with parsley or alfalfa sprouts.