Easy Salmon Recipe
I am often asked for an easy, tasty salmon recipe that kids will enjoy. This recipe, which has been passed down for over 60 years, fits the bill. Choose wild Alaskan salmon, along with it being high in healthy omega-3 fatty oils, it is sustainably harvested and has low levels of mercury and other toxins. Canned wild Alaskan salmon is a less expensive alternative and works well for this recipe.
These quick and delicious patties of healthy salmon are a favorite of all ages. Serve with a fresh salad or seasonal vegetables.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 patties
- 2/3 cup almond flour (or ¾ cup cracker crumbs)
- 8 ounces fresh wild Alaskan salmon, baked and flaked (or canned, if wild not available)
- 1 – 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (my preferred oil for medium heat cooking)
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Combine almond flour, salmon, eggs, lemon juice and onions in mixing bowl
- Shape into patties
- Heat oil in pan, cook patties on each side over medium heat until golden brown
- Add Worcestershire sauce to taste